Thursday, May 26, 2011

of governments and government employees...

This past week I have been a regular at a number of government offices in Madras...I wont get into the details...not for any other reason but it simply is amazingly boring just to even begin typing what I've managed to get done here...!! No no...its all relevant to the scheme of things but just an endless list of "to-dos"!! B.O.R.I.N.G!

I think its fantastic that most every employee there knows all that rules and regulations like the back of their hands -> Well, knowing what to do usually means half the job done...right? WRONG! here knowing what to do means they are 100% committed to not doing their jobs and have actual rules to support that..!! :D

I mean a request as simple as expanding my intials was made to sound as if I was asking for a complete change in the customs rules for procuring weapons grade plutonium or something else equally abominable! Ofcourse -> the fault was all mine -> I didnt "route" the request through the "proper" channel with a few hundred rupees additional special service levy!! :)

No comments: