Monday, February 22, 2010

Game Set and Match Agassi

I love watching and following tennis. Most of my high school years and a little after that as well - I immensely enjoyed the many many Agassi - Sampras matches on TV.

Both these geniuses have written books and as a gift for my brother (who is a sportsman himself) I had ordered their autobiographies online and had them delivered home. I finished Sampras' last week. Well - Agassi's was being read by my brother and wasnt available for my reading.

Honestly - I think it was rather boring. It didnt have any life. I didnt like the tone of the book. I am an intense reader and remember a lot of phrases/lines from most the books I have read and especially the ones I have enjoyed reading immensely (I almost know my bible -  "Everything and a Kite" inside out)

Just started reading Agassi's - the book for lack of a better adjective is simply "unputdownable"! I love the way he described his match against Marcos in the US open - "Vow...he has a lot of hair...........................for a moment I feel jealous. I miss my hair"

I hear you Andre...and know exactly what you mean!! :)

I recommend reading his book to everyone who has admired him/his tennis or even anyone who hates his/her job even though they are very good at it...

No comments: