Monday, July 21, 2008

trip to madras...(includes dissonance in the train !!)

Obviously I am not against having fun during the course of a five hour long journey...but seriously...when this ‘fun’ is shockingly inconsiderate behavior I think I have a right to be pissed off!!

There was this ‘fun’ gang of colleagues who I had the ‘privilege’ of traveling with from Bangalore to Madras last weekend. The gang was a mix of young women and men and not so young women and men!! But having watched them for whole five hours...I can safely say that their combined IQ would not exceed that of a five year old...

Well...I got onto to the train never suspecting that I would be doled out such penalty...after a night of searing headache combined with regurgitation!! Things started off pretty slowly...until breakfast was served and then…they just let loose...thanks to one of the ‘smartest’ members of this gang...who proposed the brilliant plan of playing anthakshri!!

Its one of life’s real cruelties...when all you hope for is a peaceful journey home and what you are actually dealt with is abominable...

Well...it wasn’t just the noise that was being created…but they all just stood in the middle just blocking the passage to the lav...I excused myself…the first time and I was given exactly the space of two fingers to squeeze through...the second time the same happened…and I had to speak out...”Its extremely flattering that you guys think I am so thin but the reality is I need some more space!!” to which the girls just looked at each other and giggled and gave me another finger’s space to squeeze through again...

No comments: