Sunday, June 3, 2012

....testikills!

Ok...I think I can speak on behalf of most brothers here...that we do like to aim, target! Its always fun. I mean in an otherwise boring job like taking a leak...this aiming, shooting at a target, a spot in the urinal often gains significant importance..! :P

Every once in a while, you may find a little spider or a fly (...dead or alive...) and then you try and sorta get the fly to fly away...or give it a questionably honorable salt water burial...!! Whatever!! I mean...make most of the boring job...!! I think it is way more sensible than trying to send that URGENT text message or take that phone call that just can't wait for 30 seconds! See what I mean?

So today, once again, this country amazed me like most everyday with yet another intelligent innovation.  There I was getting the job done. I see a fly! And of course there was I trying to get it to fly away...! And then I realize that it is actually not a real fly but just a little design of a fly on the urinal itself....and on that exact target spot....that you actually sorta mentally try and target ALWAYS!!

How brilliant is that...a permanent target to shoot at...! The target, the intent to save a life, the realization, the adoration of the brilliance...the calmly smile at the end of it all! Bliss isn't it?? :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.. I enjoyed this one. I like observational comedy, even the cheeky kind. A friend of mine did a standup piece on how the toilets in satyam theatre have changed over the years. I have pasted the link to one of his acts but it isnt complete. He barely builds up and gets to the point before the video ends.

So what I am saying is that you have a future in the standup industry in India if you feel your days arent packed enough with being an Engineer, Husband and a Rockstar. Your piece here is way better structured than his piece was. Thought i would have liked it to be longer. You're other posts give you an endearing an inquisitive image so when comedy starts pouring out, the reader will want more :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnRIVt5pAic

karthik said...

Dear Avinash,

Thank you for all the various forms of kindness your gifted self is capable of.

Kindness with your time, kindness with your eloquent penmanship, kindness with your ability/want to flower me with undeserved "appreciation"

My blog writing very effectively filled a void at that point in my life and in my view acted as a catalyst in many ways to my drumming side.

In some ways, I find it hard to (re)create such posts these days which is also why I keenly read your posts! :)

Looking forward to our meeting in Bangalore.

Karthik.