Sunday, February 15, 2009

a critical analysis...

well...it is my opinion that the need/reason to change or improve something that already does the job is very simple...

MAKE THINGS MORE COMFORTABLE FOR YOURSELF!!

lets analyse this for just a moment...one of the reasons for making the play station 3 is that play station 2 was not a reason good enough for guys to get out of the following -

1. mow the lawn
2. take out the trash
3. change nappies on the new born
4. pay the bills

alright you know what I am talking about!

Now, with the play station 3, men all over the world can breathe easy about trying to come out with believable lies for excuses to their better halves!

"Sweetheart! can you find a full time job as I want to add four more trophies to my NFS collection?"

"Oh...sorry I am playing GTA now...can you please take out the trash today?" 

and the lady WILL understand whole heartedly and go "Oh sorry, I forgot you exchanged the old PS2 for the PS3...what is your new record for the day? "

ofcorse when you have the PS3 hooked up to a 53" flat screen with a yamaha home theater system...your actions are fully understood and may be even condoned like say for example...you forget to call the fire men when the kitchen is on fire or you forget to breathe and may be even die!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats quite a valid analysis but I really dont think you need a PS3 for that - it all starts from the TV, Ipod touch and a whole lot of other gadgets which seems to substitute man's need for communication.....all the same a PS3 is the last thing I need in my house !!!

I am surprised that you would even bother to analyse when you really dont need an excuse to get out of all these odd jobs - enjoy single life as long as it lasts:))) as you can forsee, this is what happens later...

karthik said...

well...this post is really about the economics behind sony deciding to make the PS3 for commercial reasons and nothing else!!

Unknown said...

oh I see that now!!! I already fear PS3 invasion in my house - and I know that day is not far off:(..........hmmm, so much for the curse of technology - I am speaking for all the women out there who share my concern:)

ks. said...

You said, "well...it is my opinion that the need/reason to change or improve something that already does the job is very simple... To make oneself more comfortable";

Not necessarily; innovation is like a second instinct in man to exert his will to order and simply things; simplified things lend themselves more easily to be calculable, and what is calculable, feeds the drive of the average man to have a control over things as he desires. So it needn't be comfort, but "prudence" - to expend min. energy on a matter as necessary. A diff. question of economics.

That said I know nothing of play-stations.

karthik said...

well...my intial reaction to this comment of yours is "WHAT?!?!?!?!"

But well...after re-reading it...this is what I have to say...as always I bow to your enclyopedic knowledge and have to agree with the truth stated!

this was supposed to be a humorous observation...but clearly it fails to appear that way to you!

:)